Thursday, July 15, 2010

Take a look, It's in a book

When I was young I absolutely loved to read. Mom & Dad would often find my head buried in a book. As I've gotten older I have lost that passion for reading. Well, it's not that I have lost the passion but it seems as though all the studying through high school and college has steered me away from reading books for pleasure.

My obsession started with the first book I ever learned to read, Play Ball Kate. However, I have been told that I didn't learn to read that book, I just memorized the words from when Mom would read it to me. From there it was the Bernstein Bears: The Bernstein Bears And Too Much Junk Food, The Bernstein Bears In The Dark, The Bernstein Bears And The Messy Room, The Bernstein Bears And The Truth. I could go on and on with the bears. I also loved as a child Amelia Bedelia, Boxcar Children, and Babysitter's Club. And who could not love Judy Blume's Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing?

My most recent books of choice (and I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this) have been the Tori Spelling books. I have always had a fascination with Tori and her life ever since I was glued to 90210. I couldn't have been more pleased with the ending of that TV show when they decided to marry off Donna & David, my favorite couple! Anyways, I have already read Tori's first 2 books and she has now recently come out with a 3rd that I purchased today. I plan to read it while we are traveling this weekend to Las Vegas.

I have decided that reading is going to become part of my life again and I am looking forward to it. Here are some of the books I would like to read: The Help, Eat Pray Love, Sliding into Home, Baby Proof and Love the One You're With. I realize these are a wide range of books but like my music, I like many different genres. Your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I loved The Babysitter's Club, Romona & Beezus, and RL Stein books...and American Girl books too!
    I read Eat Pray Love and enjoyed it. It did take me two attempts to get through it but glad I did. Now I look forward to the movie. Right now I'm reading The Shack and A Purpose Driven Life. Reading is seriously fun so I'm glad you're back into it! Book Clubs are the best too, you should start one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read The Shack, too! Priscilla has a couple books that I can borrow including that one I think. I'm excited! Thanks for your opinions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Something Borrowed and Something Blue!? Baby Proof and Love the one you're with have characters in them from those first two books! I have a whole list of great books if you need any suggestions!

    ReplyDelete