Monday, March 21, 2011

Puppy Chow


In the midst of my sister-in-law planning my niece's 1st birthday party (black lab themed), she asked me if I could make some "puppy chow".  She sent me the recipe on Friday and I went out and bought the ingredients so I could attempt the chow over the weekend before the party on Sunday.

Ingredients:
Crispy rice cereal squares (Crispex cereal worked well for me)
Peanut butter
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Confectioners' sugar

Easy enough, right? 

I ended up having to make two batches because the consistency on my first batch was a little thick and sticky, therefore, hard to work with.  But anyhow, in the end we had enough to fill two dog bowls and there was not ANY left by the time the party was over.  It was definitely a huge hit!  It may not be the healthiest snack but it sure is delicious so I highly recommend.

Directions:
1.In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
2.Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
3.Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.

Go ahead and give it a try.  You can find the recipe we used here.  I always prefer to read the comments/reviews and tweak the recipes, too, for the best result!

Happy birthday to our niece, AJH!

1 comment:

  1. The puppy chow was awesome! Thank you so much for all of your help!

    ReplyDelete