This weekend is Homecoming weekend at Fort Defiance High School (my alma mater). About 1 year ago Ryan and I were asked to be on a committee at the school to plan events for the school's 50th anniversary. It has been opened since 1962. The big event I was in charge of was to find as many of the past Homecoming Kings & Queens over the past 50 years as I could and invite them back to the Homecoming football game tonight. I knew it was going to be a tough task, but I think my committee and I did a pretty darn good job. Despite the random phone calls, emails and Facebook messages (pretty much everything but a singing telegram!) I had to send out, it was a success. We have 65 making an appearance tonight, some coming as far as Colorado, Oklahoma, Ohio, South Carolina and Massachusetts. This makes me happy and it also makes me proud to be an alum of Fort Defiance High School. For this many poeple to come back and represent the school, says alot to me about the impression the school left on them as students. For that, I feel blessed to have been a part of something much bigger...an amazing community.
So in honor of the weekend, my FF picture is one from my own Homecoming. This was actually my senior Homecoming dance. It's hard to believe that this picture was taken almost 11 years ago on October 7, 2000. I think the best part of this picture is the fact that I still keep up with a large majority of the people in it, even 11 years later.

No comments:
Post a Comment