
For as long as I can remember, we have always gotten together with my Dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve. But this year my Dad's sister's family was going to be on a ski trip so we postponed this get together until tonight. When it came time to open gifts, Grandma had a surprise in store.

Let me just say, my Grandma is a saint. Over her 80 years of life she has been a teacher, nurse, gardener, cook, painter, upholsterer, brick mason, candy maker, quilter, violinist and the list
goes on and on..........and on. There isn't much that my Grandma has not tried and on top of that, she has succeeded beautifully at everything she has tried. She is so amazing.

This year for Christmas she made a quilt for each of her 6 grandkids and 1 great-grandchild. When my broth
ers and I were in middle and high school she made all 3 of us a quilt. Since then she now she 3 more grandchildren and a great-grandchild. (My Dad and his sister are 17 years apart so therefore the grandchildren are far apart in age.)
Grandma told us she started making these quilts in March and finished in October. They will be something we will definitely cherish forever. They are beautiful and match each of us perfectly! Not only is Grandma a "jack of all trades", she is a devoted Christian, a loving wife, and a dear person. I just hope and pray that when I am her age I will be as willing to try new things and as dedicated to my projects as she is. Thank you, Grandma. We love you!
they are beautiful quilts!
ReplyDelete