Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fortune Faded


Last night after dinner Ry was going to leave his fortune cookie on the table. Of course being the ridculous over-thinker that I am I said, "No, you have to open it. What if it says something really great?" I'm not sure "great" was the right word but I'd say it was something we both needed to hear. And to think Ry was just going to leave it sitting on the table, unopened.

To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have.

So instead of thinking about the new shed Ry wants to build or the walkway I would like to re-do or the trip we want to take to California or the new living room furniture we want or the...ok, I guess you get the point. It's time to focus on what we do have!

I don't usually ever make New Year's resolutions but maybe this should be mine for 2011?!

1 comment: