Do you ask enough questions
or do you settle for what you know?
When I was young, my dad called me "Triple M"....Motor Mouth Molly. I talked alot. I still talk alot. Even more than that, I ask questions. My mom has actually laughed at me for asking soooo many questions on many occasions. Recently we were on the phone and she said her and dad were going to Harrisonburg.
Me: Why?
Mom: I need to go to Kohl's.
Me: For what?
Mom: I need to return something
Me: What is Dad going to do?
Mom: Oh, he'll find something to do.
Me: Are you going to eat in Harrisonburg?
Mom: I don't know
Me: What are Ben & Cilla doing?
Mom: I'm not sure
Me: Did you see Annalee today?
You see the pattern? I ask a lot of questions. Some may call it nosey. I like to think of it as well-informed. :) My husband thinks the same thing. He'll go by his parents on his way home from work.
Me: What were your parents doing?
Ry: Nothing really. Mom was cooking dinner.
Me: What were they having?
Ry: Tacos
Me: Are they doing anything tonight?
Ry: Doubt it.
Me: Was Shawn there?
Ry: No.
Me: Do they have plans this weekend?
I don't know why but I have always been this way. I am very curious, of everything. It drives everyone else around me nuts but I CAN'T HELP IT! Or atleast I think it drives everyone nuts?
It doesn't always have to be me doing the talking either. There is nothing better to me than gathering around a room and just chatting...chatting about anything. Whether it be talking about the college days, a wedding coming up, the neighbor and her hula-hoop, the football game, a new recipe, Henry eating Hokie's poo, or the cute boots she wore at the NYE party...talk is GREAT! Throw a glass of wine in there and then we're really right up my alley! Certain instances happen that make me realize my love for chit-chat even more. For example, last night my family went to dinner for my brother's 30th birthday. As Abe and Ryan were talking about the day and Ben was finishing up his meal and Dad was paying the bill and Mom and Cilla were changing AJH into her pajamas, I started to think "I don't want this to end" even though I knew the end was near. We had a nice dinner with lots of conversation (our family is never at a loss for words), but I just didn't want the dinner to end or the night to end or more than anything, the conversation to end.
Talk has to be healthy, right? Don't they say the number 1 thing in a marriage is communication? Well if so, I'm pretty sure I have that part down. ;) Ryan, well, we may need to work a little more with him!
And ya know...there is only one strange part to this whole equation, I hate talking on the phone. Crazy? Yes, maybe. I have never really figured out why but I just don't do phone chat well. I can email all day. I can text all day. And I can surely talk in person all day, but the phone...no thanks.
So as you read this post, do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know? Something to think about! Triple M surely doesn't settle for what she knows.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMolly, I had to comment on this post. I frequently read your blog, but I've never been moved to comment. Now I MUST!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea we were so similar! I ask so many questions, and I always have. Sometimes is frustrates people, I know. And others just accept it as part of what makes me me.
When I was young, I remember my parents telling me that we had a friend from Spain who nicknamed me “Radio Kate” because I talked so much.
I completely agree: a glass of wine always adds to the enjoyment!
Where you really got me was… talking on the phone. It makes me so uncomfortable. Why? It makes no sense. The only people I can comfortably carry on a phone conversation with are my parents, my sister and my husband. Even my closest friends, I would much rather email or talk to in person. But I remember enjoying phone conservations as a high schooler… it seems that the availability of email and txt has opened a new, more comfortable avenue of communication for me.
Thank you for inspiring my comment!
- Katie (Painter) Falk
Thank you SO much for your comment, Katie! I often wonder if anyone even reads this thing or if it's only for my own enjoyment (which would be fine if so) but to get a comment like yours, it really makes my day! Glad to know there is someone out there that is just as crazy about conversation as myself. :) So I guess we should never get together just to talk b/c neither one of us will ever get a word in, huh?! Just kidding of course! Thanks again and hope to see you at the 10 year reunion!
ReplyDeleteMoz, read your blog today. Good stuff. Just so you know...
ReplyDeleteI'm at work, had a chicken sandwich for lunch, AJH is at Valerie's, Cilla is at work, mom is not here, dad is sitting at his desk, Hokie and Henry are out right now, we have a game tonight but no plans for the weekend...hopefully that covers most of it.
Okay, I have to laugh at Ben's comment!
ReplyDeleteThen I have to say I am the exact same way! Andy gets so annoyed when he hangs up with his mom and I ask 25 questions :-).