Monday, January 2, 2012
Hello, 2012!
Happy New Year!
Confession: I don't think I have ever made a new years resolution. I don't really know why and I don't have a good excuse. I do know I don't like disappointment so maybe that's why. If I break my new years resolution then I'll be disappointed in myself. Who wants that? I guess for this year I just hope I will worry less about things I cannot control. There. Does that work? I'd also like to do more exercising...because I do z e r o exercise at this point. Oh...and I would like to continue to try more new recipes. Ok, that's all for now.
We had a pretty low-key New Year's Eve and I loved every second of it. Ryan and I went out to dinner, just the 2 of us, to Texas Roadhouse. Thanks to their call ahead seating we only had to wait 20 minutes once we got there, which helped the usual forever-long NYE dinner wait. After melt in your mouth rolls, a horrible for you baby blossom, salads, cooked to perfection steaks and potatoes we went to my brother & sister in law's for an equally low-key party. We did however, all make it to midnight to watch the ball drop! Shocking, I know!
But the best part of New Year's this year? The fact that it was on a Sunday so the national holiday was celebrated on Monday and I had the day off from work today. It was such a productive day and this makes me HAPPY! Ryan got home from work and I immediately said "Can we re-arrange our bedroom?" He surprisingly said "Sure, what do you wanna do?" We moved everything around and cleaned it thoroughly. Call me a sick-o, but I LOVE to organize and I LOVE to clean. Or as I get older, I don't love the act of cleaning as much as I used to, but I still love for things to be clean. So on top of the bedroom overhaul, doing several loads of laundry, putting away the rest of the Christmas decorations, adding all the 2011 photo Christmas cards to my album, getting groceries, making dinner, and vacuuming and mopping the floors... you can see today was so very, very productive. Awesome!
Now I'm ready to head back to work tomorrow and welcome all things that have never been!
A couple more completely random thoughts to end on:
1. I discovered tonight that if you broil leftover french fries for 5-1o minutes, they actually turn out fine & are really good.
2. The Bachelor is back tonight! YES! Hello, trash, drama & one huge mess on television.
3. One day this the week I will do another post on some of my Christmas presents this year (like I did last year).
4. I put cinnamon in chilli tonight (b/c the recipe called for it) and it was actually good.
5. My HOKES are in the Sugar Bowl tomorrow night. Wooooo hoooooo! H-O-K-I-E-S Hokieeeeeeeees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I used to have time to clean and organize but with K, I spend more time with her and less on the house (which is very obvious!). When she takes an afternoon nap, I kick back on the couch or clean the kitchen- haha!!! I used to be a lot more organized and my resolution for this year is to get back into that old swing of things. Maybe I'll start investing in MyThirtyOne bags to help with that!
ReplyDeleteAwww I can imagine a baby changes your available time to do little projects. Hopefully it will get better! :)
ReplyDelete