We had a crazy, jam-packed 4th of July weekend. It was filled with lots of great food, wonderful family, amazing friends and just plain FUN.
Saturday was the in-laws annual 4th of July party. My mother-in-law's birthday is on July 4th and every year they have a big party. She claims it isn't for her birthday, it's for the national holiday. I like to think it's for both. The party is probably one of if not the best parties of the year. In my opinion anyway. :)
Side note:
In my college years we would go to the Harmon's lake house every 4th of July. My first summer out of college, Ryan and I started dating. Katie and I convinced him and some other guy friends of ours to come to the lake for the night. Ryan mentioned having to miss his parent's 4th of July party and he seemed a little torn as to whether he wanted to do that or not, but he ended up skipping it and coming to the lake to meet us. It wasn't until the next year (and every year following) when we had become more serious and I went to his 4th party that I realized, "Wow, he must've really liked me to miss this party." The boy is like a little kid on Christmas morning when it comes to the morning of this party. You may think I'm joking, but I am not even kidding. He LOVES this party. He can't sleep the night before he gets so excited. And every year when it's over he looks at me and says, "Why does it always have to be over so soon?!"
So with that said, it has now also turned into one of my favorite parties, too. And with obvious reasons as you'll see below.
On Monday, the actual holiday, July 4, 2011, we did the usual and attended the Staunton parade in the Gypsy Hill park. It was full of all things Stn parade-ish: kettle corn, mullets, cut off sleeves, lots of red, white & blue, pooper scoopers, the Staunton Braves, jacked up trucks, funnel cakes, Lee Greenwood, Spirit 365 cheerleaders, fresh squeezed lemonade...oooh and I could go on. But in all honesty, I love it! From there we went to a cookout at our friends Lee & Ashley Coffman's new house in Mt Sidney. Despite the rain putting a damper on things. No pun intended. Actually yes, very much pun intended. We had a good time! So many children have been added to our crew in the last 2 years, which definitely makes for a little bit of a different dynamic, too. :) We topped off that night watching fireworks that were put off at T&B Simmons. They did an amazing job and the fireworks were an hour long. Kudos to them and their fireworks show!
I hope all of my readers had a wonderful 4th of July and were able to spend it doing things you love.



















No comments:
Post a Comment