Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wine A Little

Because a little wine can go a long way.

That is the title of my girlfriend, Nicole's, blog (check it out!).  She writes a fun blog where she gives her personal wine recommendations.  In her own words:

"This blog attempts to give a young approach to an old tradition, removing any scent of wine snobbery. Instead I’ll share my finds for awesome wines, whether from a store, straight from the vineyard, or from the way too trendy bar down the street. Along the way I’ll probably comment on other random or loosely related topics because after all~ sometimes you just need to wine a little."

As you saw in my last Flashback Friday post, Nicole & Angie came to visit us this past weekend and we attended the Daylily Festival.  We loaded up my parent's Expedition and off we went.  It was my Mom's birthday so I was so glad my parents decided to tag along, too.
 
It turned out to be a perfect day.  There isn't much a little wine, live music, and good friends can't cure.  I hadn't seen them since March 2009 and it was so wonderful catching up on their lives and spending two days enjoying their company.  I'm not even sure they totally grasp how glad I was to have them visit.  It made my weekend!  So thank you again to you both...
 
Kim also joined the gang.  If you want a guaranteed good time, invite Kim along.  She has a "life of the party" attitude and I would like to think I try to rock that as well.  Haha.  So put us together and we love to have a good time!
 
I even ran into my co-worker & friend, Jenn!  Jenn & I share 2 things for sure, a love for food & a love for wine.  We really do.  At the office we often start talking about what we are doing for lunch (if what we brought is worth eating, should we go out, should we walk to 7-11, etc), at 10am...oops. :)
 
And then there is that wonderful husby of mine.  We don't take kissing pictures... well... ever... so cheers! :)

"Drinking good wine with good food in good company is one of life's most civilized pleasures."

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I am honored to be featured on your blog! Thanks for the shout-out Molly! ..even if I am often more random than wine-ing =)

    ReplyDelete