Where did the phrase "Thirsty Thursday" come from anyway? I tried to look it up on Google and got lots of different answers. None of which really seemed legit.
Oh well, I am going to use this Thursday to tell you about some of my favorite alcoholic drinks that I like to consume on "Thirsty Thursday"... or just drinks I like to buy/make/have if I am going to be drinking alcohol. Everyone has their favorites, right? But I also believe that everyone likes to try new things so maybe one of these drinks will entice you to be different next time!
If I'm drinking my favorite beer, it'll almost always be a Blue Moon. You can't really go wrong having a Blue Moon with an orange slice!
If it's a Virginia Tech gameday, you can guarantee I will be drinking either a Bourbon & Ginger or a Bourbon & Coke. And if you're in the stands at a Virginia Tech game, I can guarantee Bourbon is the only thing you'll be smelling, too! :)
While on our honeymoon, there was 1 drink that I drank the majority of the time. That drink was a Miami Vice. I never knew what a Miami Vice was until I arrived at Cozumel Palace. It's a mix of Pina Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri. Let me tell you, it's the perfect summer treat.
Another good Southern, summer beverage that both the husby and I enjoy is Firefly, which is sweet tea vodka. Add some regular sweet tea and a splash of lemonade and you have yourself something delicious!
If I'm enjoying a week night at home watching TV or having a delicious dinner with my husby then usually wine is my drink of choice. We have so many amazing vineyards in Virginia so I won't narrow down my favorites on this one. There are plenty! But I do tend to chose red or white according to the weather. If it's warm out, I'll go white. If it's cold out, I'll go red.
So there ya have it, some of my favorite alcoholic drinks of choice. I have many, but these are definitely some that top my list.
What are yours?
Disclaimer: No, we are not alcoholics, despite the fact that this list may make you think otherwise. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment