There are some pretty cool things about today:
1. It's Good Friday!
2. My office is closed today. Big smile.
3. I'm headed to the Leesburg Outlets to shop.
4. Tomorrow is the Rocktown Festival. Ryan & I will be there.
5. Today starts off Easter weekend. We have 3 Easter dinners this weekend.
In honor of Good Friday & the Easter weekend, I am choosing to use the below picture for my Flashback Friday post today.
Every year when I was growing up my Grandma would make my Easter dress (Grandma, not Granny - see, I told you I had 2 amazing grandmothers!). Yes, I said made it, which means she got out her needle, thread and sewing machine and she would make my dress. I'm not exactly sure at what age she quit making my dresses. I honestly don't remember. I do remember, however, that she made my first Prom dress when I was a sophomore in high school, too. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself. She always made my Easter dress perfect for the holiday, whether it was a pastel color so had a bunny on the front like the one above. The sad part is, I wish I appreciated it more when I was younger. Because we all know sewing is becoming a lost art so I find it very amazing that Grandma was able to make a new dress for me every year.
I hope all of my readers have a very blessed Easter weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment