Sunday, April 3, 2011

Little Bit Country

The 46th  Annual Academy of Country Music Awards

There is nothing better to me than a country music awards show.  Why?  Because I absolutely love all of the performances, on top of all the good people, on top of all the pretty outfits, etc, etc!  And yes, I know I have said this before several times.  I guess that explains why country music is my favorite genre. 

Carrie Underwood has hands down become one of my favorite people.  You never hear anything bad about her in the tabloids.  She is a strong, independent, kind, humble, southern beauty.  She is simply beautiful, on the inside & out!  Her duet tonight with Steven Tyler made me want to get up and dance.  I have never been a huge Aerosmith fan.  I like Amerosmith, yes, but they aren't one of my favorite bands.  Ever since StevenT became a judge on idol, I have fallen more in love with him.  I didn't love Carrie's red streaks in her hair but, it worked well for the performance. 

Keith Urban's voice is sexy.  I saw him in concert with Carrie Underwood a couple of years ago and realized what an amazing performer he was.  He doesn't have just an amazing voice.  He can play multiple instruments and is a true artist.  His new song "Without You" that he wrote about Nicole Kidman makes me tear up.  I got a little excited when I heard it start up after commercial break.  I could listen to that sweet song over & over again.  They are so in love, it's adorable.


This past summer I saw Zac Brown Band in concert for the first time.  I LOVED THEM.  I want to see them again and I want Ben & Priscilla to go next time, too.  Only because I think they would really, really enjoy it.  In concert they sang a mix of their song "Free" w/ Van Morrison's "Intro the Mystic" and it was awwwwe-some.  It gave me chills!  What else gave me chills?  Their performance tonight with James Taylor.  "Colder Weather" is another one of my favorite songs so it was only fitting that I would love that performance so much.  I thought it was so cool to see ZB mouthing the words while James Taylor sang their song.   

My hubby's favorite song right now is Jason Aldean's "Dirt Road Anthem".  Every time we are in his truck, that CD and that exact song are playing.  And let me say that Ryan hardly ever buys a CD!  But this one, he does own.  Tonight JA sang that song for all.  It was even better watching it live.  I wish we would've been there and even more, I wish we would've gone to hear Jason Aldean when he played at JPJ just recently.  Darn it!

And OH MY GOSH, how can I go without mentioning Darius Rucker's "Music from the Heart"?  What a touching moment. Darius sang with a background chorus made up of kids from the ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp.  These young people have developmental disabilities such as Autism and Williams Syndrome.  If the hair didn't stand up on your arms during that performance then I don't know what would!
I believe this picture is actually from rehearsals.
Lastly, this awards show took place inside MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.  Both hotels of which I was IN this past July.  Why oh why couldn't something cool like that be happening while we were there?!  (Not that we didn't do a ton of cool stuff but you get my point!)  It's almost like when you see via Twitter or in People magazine that a famous person was at the Dulles airport and you just flew out of there recently!  I even saw that Sarah Evans & Ronnie Dunn (from Brooks & Dunn) performed just outside the Four Queens on Freemont Street, too.  Are you serious?! Just my luck.

I could go on and on about every little thing I loved on the show tonight; Sugarland, all the duet performances, Reba & Blake as hosts, Reese Witherspoon & Robert Pattinson, the dresses, the shoes, the jewelry, everything I have already mentioned, and the list goes on...and on... 

Ryan Seacrest said it best, "This has been a great night for country music. I disagree with them.  This has been a great night for American music." I could not have said it better myself! Thank you country music for another fabulous night spent on my couch watching some fabulous entertainment, yet again!  You never, ever cease to amaze me! 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete